Monday, June 19, 2006

Quai Branly Museum Exhibit:Re-discovering indigenous art.

From top left, clockwise : Marquesas Islands(French Polynesia),Kafir Bafhgali woman(Pakistan), Ife head(Nigeria), Aztec sculpture.
















I just finished watching this amazing documentary on TV5 and I was just blown away.
It was a two-hour long exhibit of ancient art from "les quatres coins du monde", the full content of which will be displayed at the Quai Branly Museum in Paris when the museum officially launches off on June 23rd this year.
The museum will be displaying thousands of collections of ancient and contemporary art from as far away as indigenous Australia and China to the deepest forest of New Calédonia, via Africa.
I just wish I was in Paris when it launches off but I guess I will catch the exhibition some other time.
You can get a glimpse of the the show-in french I might add- by clicking on this link http://www.tv5.ca/horaire-television/details-emission/54/13270_SpecialmuseeduQuaiBranly.html

No comments: